1st International Conference on Linguistics & Language Teaching, November 25-27, 2013
- There is a need to regulate the teaching of languages in Pakistan by establishing a council for English teachers / language teachers / linguists / on the pattern of ‘Pakistan Engineering Council’.
- To facilitate intercultural communication among people of the four provinces and to neutralize language conflicts in Pakistan, the government should encourage plurilingualism.
- The areas of forensic linguistics, cognitive linguistics and clinical linguistics were briefly touched by the paper presenters at the conference; there is a need to encourage research in these areas of linguistics.
- Indigenized foreign language learning software and teaching material should be developed to reduce the cognitive load on the minds of the learners.
- Keeping in view the demand of Urdu in the Arab countries of the Persian Gulf, there is a need to promote and facilitate learning of Urdu in the Arab countries of the Persian Gulf in the form of USP (Urdu for Specific Purpose) courses.
- Audiovisual aids should be used in English language classrooms to maximize language learning.
- There is a need to strengthen long-standing linguistic and cultural ties with the central Asian states.
- There is a need to encourage studies that focus on similarities between Urdu and Central Asian languages.
- Similar conferences should be held on regular basis for profitable exchange of ideas and experiences.